Blueberry Coconut Shake
This delicious creamy blueberry smoothie is the perfect breakfast, packed full of protein, good fats and antioxidants it will really set you up for the day. Including a bit of protein in your breakfast is always a good idea as it helps to balance blood sugars and gives you a boost of energy to last you till lunch. Flaxseeds are excellent as they are one of the few vegetarian foods that are very high in Omega 3, as well as being the single best food source of Lignans. Lignans are phytoestrogens so act as hormone balancers, they also have fibre-like benefits so help to keep things regular!
This smoothie tastes so good and has such a rich gorgeous purple colour, garnish with seeds and a couple of berries for an indulgent yet seriously healthy breakfast!
- 3 tbsp of organic blueberries (frozen is best)
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Cashew or Almond butter
- ½ small Banana*
- 200ml Almond milk (coconut or oat can also be used)
- Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender and blend until smooth add a bit more milk if necessary to achieve the desired consistancy
* If you are suffering from adrenal problems, are very stressed or find it hard getting up in the morning I would omit the banana, the high potassium content and sugar are not good for people with adrenal issues.