Avocado Chocolate Milkshake
This is my all time favourite breakfast shake I am having it daily at the moment and I get excited about getting out of bed and making it as it is so yummy…. although my portion seems to get larger everyday which I am sure is not so good!
It is packed full of protein and good fats and the coconut water is great way of restoring electrolytes.
It contains lots of Cacao powder, which gives it a lovely chocolately taste but without any of the sugar, it is high in Magnesium, Iron & fibre as well as antioxidants, plus it works on the neurotransmitters improving mood so it is basically every girls dream ingredient!
I know you don’t automatically associate avocado with smoothies but you will be amazed at what a wonderful addition it is and it tastes much naughtier than it is. Avocados are great source of ‘good’ fat Omega 9, Potassium & Vitamin E. They also contain lots of fibre and a considerable amount of protein, so that combined with the cashew butter make it a great choice for breakfast. Its very creamy and delicious but so healthy and the perfect start to the day. It is also very gentle on the digestive system so has a good cleansing effect.
- ½ Avocado
- 1 dsp cashew butter (or whatever nut butter you have except peanut)
- 125ml Coconut water
- 125ml Almond Milk (Oat/coconut is ok too)
- 1 generous dsp Raw Cacao powder
- 1tbsp Ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar (during winter manuka honey works brilliantly 1dsp)
- 1tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Blend everything is a powerful blender until smooth, add more liquid if you think it needs to reach the desired consistency.